Laptop is really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locoawesome

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Hey, my laptop is becoming really slow. I posted another thread on here about my computer getting bsod, but it turns out it was overheated. Now it's really slow, sometimes when I turn it off it won't even turn off, just sit there witht the windows loading circle next to cursor. Please tell me what is wrong with it, is it the hard drive?

Locoawesome

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the help but when my comp overheated I think it may have damaged the GPU which affected the motherboard which caused the CPU to slow down.

popatim

Splendid
The First priority is to backup any important data which you should be doing always.
Once that is backed up then please test the hard drive. You can use windows error checking by right clicking on the drive then on properties tab. On the Tools tab you'll see the error checking section. Be sure to enable both options.There are free tools available as well as free utilities offered by the drive manufacturer.

Locoawesome

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the help but when my comp overheated I think it may have damaged the GPU which affected the motherboard which caused the CPU to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ryancloete Laptop General Discussion 5
jxx Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 5
X Laptop General Discussion 3
H Laptop General Discussion 1
weisr Laptop General Discussion 4
Jay112 Laptop General Discussion 0
R Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 1