Solved! Laptop is unable to find/discover/display (but not connect) my home network whilst other devices can. What is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2018
I know that there are a lot of questions like this already, but I've tried most of the solution they offered and it didn't work. I went to device manager, upgraded - nothing found, reinstalled my Wifi Adapter and nothing is still found.

So, I thought the problem must be within the driver itself, not the router since other devices are able to connect to it quite perfectly, both laptops and phones - only my laptop is not able to connect to it.

This is the wireless brand I am using:
Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

And this is the router:
lb-link BL-WR2000

Also to provide with more information, connecting with Ethernet to the router works. And my wifi adapter is still able to detect other networks besides the one I'm sitting next to right now, this proves that there isn't much wrong with my wifi adapter.

I've been researching on this topic for 2 hours now, and I'm frustrated for not finding a solution. The only one that even remotely comes near to it is:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mediatek-MT7630E-802-11bgn-Wi-Fi-Adapter-doesn-t-work-in-802/m-p/3654432?device-view=desktop

But due to my lack of understanding in computing, I wasn't able to comprehend any of that.

Thank you for any answers :)

Solution
Try this....

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "WiFi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your WiFi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your...
Try this....

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "WiFi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your WiFi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

Another way to try it is to...

1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
3. Now click "Manage known networks".
4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
5. Click the "Forget" button.
6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
9. Now click "Manage known networks".
10. Click "Add a new network" and enter the network name.
11. Using the drop-down menu, select the "network security type".
12. Check the "Connect automatically" option.
13. Now check the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting" option and click "Save".

Once you have completed these steps, whenever the device is within range of that particular network, it should automatically connect to it.

Solution
Feb 14, 2018

Unfortunately did this not work, first of all - your first solution is unfollowable. Mainly because it doesn't support my current window version "Windows 10", which did not have the button "Manage Wireless Network", only "change adapter settings", and even then, I was not given the option to remove or delete all of these networks.

As for your second solution because it relies on the basis that I have connected on this network before. However thing is, I have never connected to this network before and have never seen it appear on my list. If I were to be able to connect to it - it would be my wireless connection made. So far, I'm working through ethernet

I've also tried your instructions on step 10+, but that didn't work either. Especially since considering that I am standing right next to the router

The first one should work even in Windows 10. However, how you view the "Control Panel" may be part of the issue. When you are in "Control Panel" there should be a little arrow to the right of the words "Control Panel" in the address bar of the folder. Click on that arrow and you should get a drop down menu. Select "All Control Panel Items" and you should see the location mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.