Laptop keeps giving "Not Responding" error and freezes while playing games

Batata23

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hi guys, im new to this site, so i dont know if this is the right thread to ask this kind of questions, but here it goes.
I've had this Toshiba laptop for almost 2 years and it didnt give me any problems for like a year. Lately it is giving me a lot of problems and i cant run most programs without them freezing for a bit or giving the "Not Responding" error and then either close or continue running for like 5 minutes until it happens again. I tried using Gimp, Photoshop, Blender and other programs like these and it will always do this. Also happens when playing games like League of Legends and even platformers.
I already did a Malware test, the laptop had some malware and i removed it, but it didnt do anything to improve, i did a defrag and it didnt do nothing as well.
Im a little low on money so i dont know if i can do anything to improve my laptop.
Here are the specs of the laptop:
Toshiba Satellite pro r850-160
i3-2310M CPU
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Thank you for any help you can give me .

Solution
Check for a newer BIOS and mobo drivers. Possible some corrupt damaged files from the Malware you found, try going to the command prompt as ADMIN and run the command SFC /SCANNOW (it's win's system file checker)
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is I would suggest doing a complete virus/malware scan. Please use the link below for the complete guide and tools.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- Next is to test your laptop in Safe Mode if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it's normal in Safe Mode that could only mean it's a software problem.
- I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows.
- Backup all your files first before you reset your laptop.

Batata23

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

Thank you for your help. Im going to follow the steps you gave me and ill update this.
UPDATE: So, i did the complete virus/malware scan from the guide, malwarebytes didnt find anything, roguekiller found and removed 2 threats, combofix wasnt able to open because it isnt availble to windows 10 and adwcleaner erased some files. But the laptop still has the problems listed on my question. Could it be a hardware problem?