So I took out the hard drive cause I wanted to clone it to an ssd on my pc, but I forgot that I was cloning it and I turned the laptop on and now it just loops on the Samsung splash screen. I tried tapping all the f buttons but it still won't go to the bios. And holding the power button doesn't help either. My laptop is a notebook so you can't take out the batter. Please help.
If I understand the issue correctly, when you power the laptop which doesn't have a HDD in it since you're cloning it as you mentioned it just keeps loading in the Samsung splash screen right?
If you mean there's no HDD in your laptop when you turn it on and it got stuck at the Samsung screen:
- The problem may lie in the motherboard itself.
- Try to reseat the CMOS battery, remove it for couple of seconds then put it back in then try booting it back up and see if it would still get stuck on the Samsung splash screen.
If you mean the HDD is in the laptop but it still is stuck on the Samsung screen:
- Remove the HDD of the laptop and see if it would load pass the Samsung splash screen.
- If it would get pass the Samsung screen then the problem lies in the HDD itself and replacing it would be the only solution.
- Try to unplug/replug the HDD in your laptop that may also do the trick.