Laptop Key board Problems

Grimm Real

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
Hi I got a HP Pavilion with window 10, today my laptop keyboard stop working properly. Im using a usb keyboard which is working fine. at first it kept typing ++++++++ by itself until I stopped it by pressing delete but sometimes it still goes off. And other things changed when I press 1,j,a,s or 2 nuthing happens. but if I press 3 I get "34" When I press g,h it open projector/ split screen options.
caps lock : works but put volume..
d/f : df
c/v : cv
n : place but will place it in a different location

b : online window 10 help (now n opens online help)

There other like it turns airplane mode on or changes the volume, Ive checked to see if sticky key was off and the input was set to us keyboard.
Any help would be appreciated.

k today most key r working
except

sift key; does not work
cap lock ; works but put volume up and enter 6
F8 - volume up button; put volume up but enter 6
a ; as
Z; zx
Q ; QW
1 ; 12
123 doesnt work on the key pad

Solution
Hi,

First check the keyboard setting if it's set to the correct Region, Language and Region.

- Press Start then go to Control Panel and select Region and Language
- In Region and Language make sure everything is set into English (United States). Check all tabs in that screen and see if they are all set properly.
- Press Apply and OK.

Next is to perform System Restore:
- Press Start then type in System Restore then select it.
- Once opened just click Next and select the date and time when everything was working fine on your keyboard.
- Wait until System Restore is finished and try it again.

Lastly is to perform a Factory Reset. Here's the link how to Factory Reset your laptop.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643
Hi,

First check the keyboard setting if it's set to the correct Region, Language and Region.

- Press Start then go to Control Panel and select Region and Language
- In Region and Language make sure everything is set into English (United States). Check all tabs in that screen and see if they are all set properly.
- Press Apply and OK.

Next is to perform System Restore:
- Press Start then type in System Restore then select it.
- Once opened just click Next and select the date and time when everything was working fine on your keyboard.
- Wait until System Restore is finished and try it again.

Lastly is to perform a Factory Reset. Here's the link how to Factory Reset your laptop.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Solution