Laptop keyboard presses enter+"L" when I press "L" key and "-." when I press the "." key-.

Dec 31, 2018
I have tried everything I could find online about this problem:

The on-screen keyboard seems to work fine (so the characters seem to be mapped to right place).
This is on a brand new keyboard, and now both this and the old one have had this same problem (the first was the one the laptop came with)

This is on the Dell Inspiron 15-7559. I replaced the old keyboard because keys were falling off and this problem started when I spilled a drink on it. Sticky keys are definitely off.

Is this a fixable problem? I dried the inside out carefully twice times to make sure, but that seems not to have worked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danielxfx Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
zombi3010.steam Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 18
W Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question My laptop keyboard is typing square brackets when I press R T I simultaneously
Solved! Both my HP laptop and Logitech wireless keyboard have the same keys not functioning properly, unless presses with another key
Solved! Certain laptop keyboard keys don't work without pressing shift
Laptop Keyboard pressing random keys
Screen highlights when I press "space bar" on my Laptop
My laptop built in keyboard for Toshiba sat types 6y when i press 6 4r when i press 4 and (space) 0 when i hit spacebar
My laptop presses arrow key ( down) automatically
my laptop keyboard keeps trying random letters when I press certain keys window 8
Asus Laptop Keyboard pressing own keys and not typing the correct letter
My dell laptop keyboard wont let me type it keeps highlighting the box when i press any keys my mouse is working, i pluged an
on my Asus laptop's keyboard soe keys (M, V, C, Q) work only at strong and long pressing. What to do?
when i press shift on my dell laptop keyboard type plus + sign how to solve this problem?
Help Fixing hard to press key on laptop.
HP laptop keyboard num key keeps pressing
Certain keys on my Asus laptop will only work when pressed with other keys
Toshiba Laptop: Lights are on, keyboard presses makes beeps and the screen has a typing bar.
my laptop keyboard keeps typing random letters when i press certain keys windows 10
How do I stop my laptop from continually pressing keys?
So I have a Dell Inspiron laptop...For the past couple of days the left arrow key of the laptop gets randomly pressed for long
When I turn on my laptop (acer aspire ES 11) the screen is blank but the fan is on.. so what keyboards that I have to press

ASK THE COMMUNITY