Solved! Laptop keyboard problem

Vitalijs

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
Laptop keyboard types wrong incomes. If i press D it works as enter, S works as number 5, number 3 and 4 as 9 and 7, half even do nothing. What the hell is this shit and how to fix it ???
Please Help !!!

Solution
Ahh see you left out the liquid spilled part. And considering the liquid, it would have left a sticky residue as well. It could well be that there is residue elsewhere in the device. That would give you an array of problems.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Vitalijs

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
Uninstalling driver have no effect. Situation is that i have 3 years old MSI GE70 with 860m video card. I spilled beer on keyboard and some keys were working, some not. On ebay.com i ordered new one, without backlight. When attached new one, it did this problem what i was asking. Funny thing is that when i attached old keyboard, it sudenly do the same as new one. Both doing same problem. Could it be keyboard socket problem ???
P.S. writing with on screen keyboard !!!!

burtman88

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Well with Q tips and some rubbing alcohol look for sticky parts, use your nose as well start cleaning all the stuff off. First the the ribbon socket where the keyboard connects

TRENDING THREADS