Laptop leaking static 'wireless' electricity... What should I do?!?

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014
45
0
4,590
2
Hi,
I have an HP 630 Notebook PC. (Energy Star)
It's been 2 years since I am using this laptop.
But since 2-3 months, there is a static electric discharge (the funny part is that, there is no electric shock from the laptop parts!!!!!) :??: Here is what is happening:
When I use my laptop (with WiFi internet), for even 15-20 minutes, and after that accidently my any body part touches a body part of another person (like hand), me and the other person will feel an electric shock with a strange (tick) noise or something like that. :ouch:
What is the harmful effects of this 'wireless' electric leak?
Any way to fix this problem? Or should I replace any part of the laptop or the whole laptop itself?
Any help will be appreciated. :)
THANK YOU
 

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
614
0
19,210
73
Static electricity is basically caused being rubbing of 2 parts together causing the removal of electrons. These item that lose electrons retract each other (the opposite of a magnet opposites attract). So static electricity is caused by 2 objects rubbing against each other like walking on a carpet will cause static electricity cause a spark if a person touches a electronic component. That's why computer tech ground themselves when they work on a computer.
 

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014
45
0
4,590
2

But it is coming from the laptop itself, as I am not facing the same problem in my other Dell laptop! :heink:
 

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
614
0
19,210
73
Static electricity is basically caused being rubbing of 2 parts together causing the removal of electrons. These item that lose electrons retract each other (the opposite of a magnet opposites attract). So static electricity is caused by 2 objects rubbing against each other like walking on a carpet will cause static electricity cause a spark if a person touches a electronic component. That's why computer tech ground themselves when they work on a computer.
 

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014
45
0
4,590
2
I am not sure whether it is static elecricity, I know that it is some typr of 'wireless' or any electricity leaking. :sarcastic:
So please give me any solutions for this problem, or should I send it to the service center :??: ?
 

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014
45
0
4,590
2
But now, my leg accidently touched another person's hand, and he got a shock even when I was using my secondary laptop, the Dell inspiron 1440. :ouch:
So am I getting electromagnetic radiation (or whatever it is) from the WiFi, as the modem is in the same room of the laptop's? :??: I think it is the WiFi itself, any thoughts?
 

dmiller79

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
2
0
18,510
0
You know, if this just happened recently, you might want to check what else has changed. Perhaps you're wearing new clothes that are wool or knit and pick up a static charge easily. It does not appear to be the laptop, and wifi radios do NOT have enough power to cause harmful radiation or electrify anyone. Most consumer wifi is measured in milliWatt (1/1000 W) power and it would take tens of Watts power to have a noticeable effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_electronic_devices_and_health
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
shoszead Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 0
U Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
GabrielSilva Laptop Tech Support 2
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 0
bunnynutcracker Laptop Tech Support 1
WhoseverInk Laptop Tech Support 1
maverick251722 Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 8
K Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 10
S Laptop Tech Support 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY