Question Help me, What should I do just brought a new laptop a 3 months ago?

Jun 18, 2019
Hope, i will get feedback soon, i have a Lenovo ideapad 510 with a Nvidia GTx, it went off after i too it for check ups they told me that the motherboard is dead. It has a non-removable battery but they managed to open it up and remove the battery. they determined the CPU is where the heat is coming from, not the battery. With the battery removed, the CPU cools down, but as soon as they plug the battery back in the CPU begins to heat up as if the laptop is on. With the battery removed, they tried holding the power button for 15 seconds to remove any static. they also tried unplugging the CMOS battery for 15 minutes in case of BIOS issues. None of those methods worked and the symptom has remained the same. If battery or power pack is plugged in the CPU will warm up as though it is on. Any solutions to this issue? What could have caused this?"

If it is a brand new laptop, you shouldn't open it up. At all. You risk voiding your warranty.

Since you say it is that new, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement. No device that is that new should give you any problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Dushyant!!!!!! Laptop Tech Support 1
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1
Hirinator Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 6
N Laptop Tech Support 9
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Q Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Laptop gets to 90 degrees when gaming for 30 minutes
Question Why is laptop slowing down?
Question Laptop screen black after partial disassembly, works with HDMI cable
Question Laptop completely unresponsive
I purchased a Lenover ideapad 330 and when I bought it home the battery symbol said plugged in, not charging. I brought it bac
My laptop randomly freezes but can be brought back to life by plugging/unplugging the AC adapter
Got new battery for laptop. It shut off one day and never turned on. Brought a new battery still qont turn on .
I brought a new Asus lap yesterday..bt its inbuilt key board is not working.what to do?
Recently just brought a hdmi to vga adapter but monitor never response
I am living in Germany and brought my American made laptop with me. I successfully changed over to German but now the keys are
My dell laptop doe s not support any games from the starting when i brought it?
Hi have a older computer with a VGA input an brought a new HDTV to use as it's monitor. What converter adapter can i use to co
Brought a used insignia tablet 10.1 and it was factory reset, but it keeps asking for password and email from Google account
I need help resetting my Inspiron e1705 I brought wit a password lock on that I don't kno
I brought my laptop to a repair shop in Beijing and I think they're trying to scam me. Need advice.
I've just brought a new Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1, online. I started it up but haven't been able to use it.
how long should i charge my new brought acer E15 laptop for the first time?
my laptop uso be very fast before 3 years when i brought it, bt nw it is very slow as a snail , its horrible to handle please
I have an Acer 5750 none of the USB ports work I tried disabling them all been rebooting and brought all of the backup. But th
Tv brought to life build or buy

ASK THE COMMUNITY