laptop making a rattling noise.

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
ok so my laptop started to make a rattling noise. sometimes its on and off. I was told to air out the inside which i did. but it still makes the rattling noise once in a while. I also cleaned the fan. Is there any possible way that an SSD can make a rattling noise? also this rattling noise gets louder when i tilt my laptop.

thanks!

Solution
I think you need to reduce your recording voice i mean go to recording devices-> internal mike properties -> reduce the levels

so that the noise form your speakers may get reduced, even it may go off.

bobby206

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I think you need to reduce your recording voice i mean go to recording devices-> internal mike properties -> reduce the levels

so that the noise form your speakers may get reduced, even it may go off.

Solution

PotatoBugVs

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
My Dell laptop has been rattling like a rainstick for months. Move it, and it sounds like little bits are falling all around in there. Still works perfectly. This morning for the first time I found a half-dozen tiny yellow beads on the couch under my laptop. Aha! Checked the computer bag, and sure enough, there are a zillion little yellow-orange beads in my computer bag. Busted sack of dessicant, I guess? and the beads are getting into the computer through portholes or something? My computer still works fine, hopefully the suspected bead infusion into my laptop's inner workings does more good than harm. Yikes!