Laptop Memory Upgrade Advice

G

Hi there, I currently own a Lenovo G500 laptop that currently has 4GB of memory but I do a lot of multitasking for school and have noticed that when I do so my systems memory usage gets over 60% so I was thinking of upgrading my memory to 6 or 8GB. But I'm not quite sure if I should go with 6GB to get just enough or if it would be best to future proof it with 8GB.

Ubrales

Distinguished
Make sure that you have a 64-bit OS, and if so you should go to 8 GBs of RAM (2 x 4 GBs). Also read the manual for instructions on how to replace the RAM (or add RAM).

If you have a single 4 GB module in it now then you can add a second 4 GB module of matching frequency, timings, and make.

Ubrales

Distinguished
Make sure that you have a 64-bit OS, and if so you should go to 8 GBs of RAM (2 x 4 GBs). Also read the manual for instructions on how to replace the RAM (or add RAM).

If you have a single 4 GB module in it now then you can add a second 4 GB module of matching frequency, timings, and make.

G

Thanks for the help, I had a feeling I should go with 8GB. Also the link you gave me was very helpful in showing me which memory is best for my computer,so thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 10
jihan47 Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 19
M Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 10
S Laptop Tech Support 1