Laptop & Monitor Problem

stixxfx

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Up until recently my monitor has been working fine with my laptop folded closed. Now for some reason (a couple of days ago) I went to push the power button "On" like I normally do and folded my laptop closed.....However my monitor after 5 to 10 sec NOW goes to black. So what Ive had to do now is keep my laptop open if I want to use my monitor. Ive done the power option, system settings, "Do nothing" both on Battery and Plugged. And saved the changes. And still the monitor goes black. I would also like to mention that when I fold the laptop down , it changes my resolution. Any suggestions ?

Solution
Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver that may be the cause of that problem.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site. (NVIDIA or AMD)
- After installing the latest driver do reboot your laptop then test it again.
- If the same problem persist do make sure that the settings "when the lid is closed" is set to Do Nothing.
Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver that may be the cause of that problem.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site. (NVIDIA or AMD)
- After installing the latest driver do reboot your laptop then test it again.
- If the same problem persist do make sure that the settings "when the lid is closed" is set to Do Nothing.

Solution

stixxfx

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016