Laptop Motherboard Diagnosis/Repair (Can't run on AC or recharge battery)

sigfrid

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have an old Dell inspiron 9300 that can no longer run on Adapter alone, nor recharge batteries, the LED doesn't wink when the AC is connected.
Here is the stupid thing that I've done to get to this condition, (please don't laugh at me :). My power adapter cord was damaged so I decided to get a longer cord and solder it; but I did the stupid error of reversing the electrical wires of the charger and tried to run the laptop using that, and of course it didn't work!
However, the laptop was still running OK on battery alone, so I guess it's the charging circuit that was damaged. I don't it's the power jack or something like that...

Is there a way to get it working again with AC without having to replace the whole motherboard? Since it's an old laptop.

Thank you!

sigfrid

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Thanks for your answer!
yes we are talking about the wires between the adapter and the laptop. I used two wires like in here. But of course I reversed them :(

sigfrid

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Yes there are 3 wires in my adapter too, but it was already working great with 2 wires only. I have also tried with another brand new adapter (which used to work in the past) but it didn't work.

Also, I don't think it's the power jack, I remember I have tested it with a multimeter. I believe it's a fuse or something like that.

siawosh

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

tanx u for replay...my english is not well but i hop you can help me to fix this
so can u help me witch on of these are my problem??
i have BEEB by multimeter on both side of "B" zone...
i changed that and fix the BEEB but when i plug Charger in, it's like frist Have BEEB...
can u help me if i change the IC and "B" can i repair that??
http://upload7.ir/images/66459545607868070575.jpg

siawosh

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

yes, i have this problem , reversing the electrical wires of the charger and tried to run the laptop using that...
now i checked back of the board , i think PR10 or maybe PL1 is not normal , and CPU side of board i just have problem whit B zone , i chaged it and fixed , but when i plug charger in , again i have problem whit that...now i dont know whay!