Laptop motherboard upgrade?

Anton Hunter

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Can a laptop motherboard be up-graded? I have a HP Pavilion DV7 1450US laptop with a cracked motherboard. I'm planning to replace it, but would like to know if there is a possible upgrade.

Solution
Most likely no, with most laptops, everything is integrated and made to work with that specific laptop model. Laptop parts aren't interchangeable the way desktop parts are, at least on lower-end models. it's probably soldered into the case and can't be removed. If it's still under warranty you can contact HP and they'll provide you with a replacement.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Most likely no, with most laptops, everything is integrated and made to work with that specific laptop model. Laptop parts aren't interchangeable the way desktop parts are, at least on lower-end models. it's probably soldered into the case and can't be removed. If it's still under warranty you can contact HP and they'll provide you with a replacement.

Solution

Anton Hunter

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Hmmm...well then, I guess its going to become a class project at the IT college I just started attending. LOL Thanks for the info...the question was worth asking anyway. Your answer will be the solution on this matter.

TRENDING THREADS