laptop msi ge60 won't turn on

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Hello
My laptop won't trun on either pluged or on battery
ac adapter works fine on other laptops.

this morning i pluged my laptop and strated it. everything works fine but i noticed the charging led isn't on. yet the charging icon in windows looks like charging. i tried to see other outlets but same result.

it was working so i didn't mind it but when i came back to it later on after i shut the screen, i found that i couldn't turn it on again.

now nothing seems to work, no led, no fan no nothing. i tried to do the static discharge (unplug battery and adapter and press on button for 60sec or more) but nothing either.

does this sound familiar to anybody please?

Have you tried running with out the battery in? If it will turn on that way (on charger cord only) it could be the battery and/or the charger cord. I would be leaning towards the charger cord though, if it can run on it when the battery isn't in. This may mean the cord is damaged, even though you don't see the damage, making it not able to transfer enough power to both run the laptop and charge the battery.

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

yes that was my first guess and i did that to no avail

If it won't run on the cord alone, nor is the battery charging, then you are probably looking at the charging circuit as the problem. Which, depending on how yours is set up, could require the whole motherboard be replaced.

If the device is still under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Unfortunately no warranty since the laptop is a bit older than 2 years

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Do what exactly. Also since it's the charging circuit shouldn't the PC start with a charged battery?

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

What I am getting at is: PC won't start with a charged battery (without or with the AC adapter), so is it truly a charging circuit problem?

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Absolutely nothing

If it won't work even with the battery out and cord plugged in, then I would be leaning towards the motherboard. BUT before changing that out, I would really start with the charger cord. If you can't test it with another one, then I would replace it. If the cord isn't working, nothing else would.

mmsalem

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
quick update, yesterday after 2 weeks of doing nothing, i tryed starting my pc and it worked just fine. both with and without the ac adapter or the cable.
i did nothing it just decided to work.
but i don't trust it, it doesn't show any abnormal symptomes right now so does anyone have may be a suggestion or supposition to what might happened/will happen!?

Jun 22, 2018
I am having the same problem and I need help. The first time I had it, I open the laptop and take out the battery and click the power on button for 30 seconds and place the battery and charger adapter back in. It works for half an hour and it suddenly shut down without warning again but the second time I try the same procedure, it does not work anymore. Do anyone figure out the solution with respect to this problem?