Laptop not booting up, even LCD is not coming up. PLEASE HELP!

May 23, 2018
I have dell inspiron 5521 laptop. It was very good in its first year. Now it has been 4 years, and i am facing a lots of problems. Now i am stuck with major problem. My issue is as follows:

When i press power button on my laptop, the Power LED comes on, then HDD LED and then hdd led goes off and hdd stops spinning. For all this time the lcd is all off no backlit and no display also if i see closely. It gets hung there nothing goes on further. i have to manually power down and start again.

First time i had faced this issue, i tried multiple times like 3 to 4 times and it would boot up after multiple attempts. That no of times to boot up was not fixed it would vary, sometimes two other times even 8 to 10 retries. And now even after the 50th try it is not booting.

Following things i have tried.

Tried with giving 2 days gap before retrying again.
Tried repeat with and without battery and power chord combinations.
Tried pressing power button for 30+ seconds after removing battery and chord. Then putting chord back and trying gain.
Tried with debugging ram slots and cards.
Tried with cleaning hdd terminals.

After doing all these things for days together, i am still stuck with this problem. Please help me.....

Thank you.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

May 23, 2018

Thank you for the reply. As i don't have monitor for now, i can't test it. As soon as i test it i will reply back.. but here i have a short video showing the process. First led from left is power, second one is hard disk. Observe hard disk led as i try repeatedly. One more thing i had observed while it would boot after multiple times, that hdd led goes on and it boots up. So i think hdd might be at fault but i don't know. So please check the video. Thank you..
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XDF3HCTPtWI&app=desktop"][/video]

TRENDING THREADS