Solved! Laptop not booting

Jay_161

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
So I was in the middle playing Minecraft and then my computer shut down randomly, and then when I tried to turn it on again it said:

Intel Undi, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.3(06/18/10)

Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE R0M.
Operating System not found

Solution
Another reason you can get the error message you've posted is when the hard drive has failed - - but carry out the suggestions from Cloudy1 first.

I have to say that in most cases where friends of mine have had that message on the screen (which means your PC is trying to perform a network boot 'cos it can't find any other boot device) I've had to replace the hard drive for them, only rarely has it been something else.

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Try removing the hard drive and then re-seating it on the connector.

If that does no good, Google the computer make/model you have and find out how (which key) to enter BIOS.

Look around in the BIOS settings and find the option to reset the BIOS settings to default and/or alternatively set the internal hard drive containing the operating system as the first boot device (again through the BIOS settings).

Another reason you can get the error message you've posted is when the hard drive has failed - - but carry out the suggestions from Cloudy1 first.

I have to say that in most cases where friends of mine have had that message on the screen (which means your PC is trying to perform a network boot 'cos it can't find any other boot device) I've had to replace the hard drive for them, only rarely has it been something else.

Solution

ffg7

Splendid
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jay_161 : "Laptop not booting"

check to see if your hard drive is listed in the bios.

Jay_161

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jay_161 : "Laptop not booting"

So I was in the middle playing Minecraft and then my computer shut down randomly, and then when I tried to turn it on again it said:

Intel Undi, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.3(06/18/10)

Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE R0M.
Operating System not found