shriram.july6

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
I purchased new Acer predator Helios 300. I am living in Germany. I bought it from Amazon US. I used a simple US to german adapter (no voltage conversion). I plugged in the laptop. Laptop not turning on. Not even the power source indication light is on in the laptop. Laptop not making any sound. Not booting up. I checked my power adapter. It is working fine with my phone charger. Please help me what might be the issue.

Solution
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution
Apr 25, 2018

Is it working now?

Dec 27, 2018

It's funny how this answer got chosen as 'Best answer' whilst the battery of the helios 300 is built-in, it's irremovable...