Laptop not booting

May 28, 2018
Hi,
Recently noticed that my battery was saying plugged in and not charging..when I checked it saw it was swollen.. took it out of the laptop and put back the back cover.. plugged the laptop back in and noticed all the LED light up and the power led goes amber and the laptop goes dead. Every time I press the power button it goes on for 1-2 seconds and off again. I’ve ordered a new battery and it’ll take 1 week to come but in the mean time I’m not able to use the laptop. I did try the standard dry boot.. checked the charger which is still good.. could anyone help out!! LAptop was properly working since last night before I shut it down to check the battery.. I tried to put the battery back in but it’s not fitting in anymore. Laptop is an HP 840G1 EliteBook

Solution
The motherboard is a very complex piece of hardware and can light up, spin fans and much more but still won´t boot with improper power or functionality. Especially if the battery blows, everything is possible.

Be sure you are using the correct charger, some might damage your Laptop if the voltage or polarity is wrong.

Hard drive or RAM could be malfunctioning too.
May 28, 2018
Guess I’ll wait for the battery to come in.. had a chat with HP support yesterday.. the Tech suggested that the motherboard is faulty.. I’m just not too sure about this.. if the motherboard was faulty will I still get the leds to light up?

The motherboard is a very complex piece of hardware and can light up, spin fans and much more but still won´t boot with improper power or functionality. Especially if the battery blows, everything is possible.

Be sure you are using the correct charger, some might damage your Laptop if the voltage or polarity is wrong.

Hard drive or RAM could be malfunctioning too.

Solution