laptop not charging.

led zeppelin

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
Last night when I was halfway charging my laptop, the charging indicator suddenly disappeared and my laptop just stopped charging. I thought maybe the socket is faulty so I change to another socket but it wouldnt charge at all. I even used my mom's charger hoping to charge my laptop but to no avail. What is causing this? I tried updating my drivers as well but it didnt work. I cant remove my battery as its in built

Solution
The power connector to the laptop must of fried. This is a common problem with laptops. After trying several chargers that narrows it down pretty well. The repair can be easy or hard. My first step would to disassemble the laptop and check to see how the power connector is placed. It may soldered on the board or maybe a separate piece of hardware that mounts on the main board. If it's a separate piece of hardware check the product number of the piece and order it. If it is soldered you may want desolder the old one and solder a new one. Also the use of a multi meter can help determine if it's fried as well as smelling the power connector to see if it smells like burnt. I hope my reply is helpful, if you have any questions feel free to...

xdm

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
The power connector to the laptop must of fried. This is a common problem with laptops. After trying several chargers that narrows it down pretty well. The repair can be easy or hard. My first step would to disassemble the laptop and check to see how the power connector is placed. It may soldered on the board or maybe a separate piece of hardware that mounts on the main board. If it's a separate piece of hardware check the product number of the piece and order it. If it is soldered you may want desolder the old one and solder a new one. Also the use of a multi meter can help determine if it's fried as well as smelling the power connector to see if it smells like burnt. I hope my reply is helpful, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I also forgot to mention. If the laptop still works without the battery then you may want to consider replacing the battery.

Solution