Laptop not detecting NVIDIA Graphics Card

cocoarono

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Sager NP7258 Laptop without an OS. When I installed the OS (Windows 7 ultimate), I tried to install the drivers necessary for my laptop to work correctly. However, when I downloaded the NVIDIA Graphics Card driver, the computer detected it but it had an exclamation mark next to it in the device manager. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it but then the installer said that there was no compatible hardware. I then uninstalled all of my drivers and reinstalled them and the NVIDIA Graphics card driver installed, but when i restarted the computer, the computer showed the the blue screen of death and it restored it back to a time when the computer was working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now my computer doesn't even recognize the NVIDIA graphics card anymore. My graphics card is a NVIDIA 965M 2gb. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

JimmyPoke

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
If it is in device manager (right click windows button) go to the nvidia gpu, press update, the automatically find it.

- If that doesn't work, Have you tried uninstalling the intel hd graphics that comes with the cpu?

JimmyPoke

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
If it is in device manager (right click windows button) go to the nvidia gpu, press update, the automatically find it.

- If that doesn't work, Have you tried uninstalling the intel hd graphics that comes with the cpu?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 6
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Kukomitzu Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
The MSI Guy Laptop Tech Support 2
Manuja55 Laptop Tech Support 2
cthow1002 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 8
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Secritek Laptop Tech Support 3