Laptop not functioning as well prior to replacing component

thomashough1

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
My laptop is a dell inspiron 15 5447, the issue I'm having is that i've had to gut the thing completely to get to replace the charger connector to the laptop. (plastic holding 4 pins had pinged off) while I did this i also replaced cpu fan. Now, the problems that occured was no.1 I had a black screen up on boot, no screen signal just backlight, checked ram and fixed this issue. Finally got to boot it up, nice welcoming windows update (not) and at first I thought the keyboard/usb components were not connected properly but instead they were. My laptop was just running painfully slow, I would not be able to do any actions what so ever, out of fear that this may be cpu related and the fact I did remove and stick back the heat sink without applying thermal residue. Even so I can't help that think that
these incredibly slow consequences can be caused JUST from the cpu alone? Any thoughts or theories what I may have done/damaged in my laptop would be appreciated. For the record my laptop was working fine prior to this.

Solution
check in the bios\setup to see if there is a pc health monitor in there to check the cpu temperature. put new thermal paste after removing old paste as the cpu will throttle it's speed down due to overheating.

ffg7

Splendid
check in the bios\setup to see if there is a pc health monitor in there to check the cpu temperature. put new thermal paste after removing old paste as the cpu will throttle it's speed down due to overheating.

Solution