Laptop not turning on, no indication of power.

Salvahkiin

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Alright so my laptop shut itself off suddenly. I do the usual power cycle a couple of times, yet nothing occurs. The battery was on about 50% at the time that the laptop shut down.

For about a week before this occurred, the laptop would pop up with a warning saying something about dangerous temperatures, yet checking both the CPU and GPU temperatures, they were well within normal range, about 35C.

Another peculiar thing, I attempted to play Dark Souls a few days before, and the laptop shut down, but turned back on.

The most peculiar thing, however, is that the charging LEDs on the front of the laptop do not turn on at all. I'm at a loss for what the problem is.

Solution
well, if you aren't getting any LED indication when you plug the laptop in, then it could mean a fried motherboard, but it could be a few other things also. You could try and unplugging the battery from the laptop to see if you could get a blinking white light by the charging port (battery). And if you wanted to get technical, you could try unplugging the vga cable from the motherboard to see if you could get any LED indication to show up (Video card).

tropical8878

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
well, if you aren't getting any LED indication when you plug the laptop in, then it could mean a fried motherboard, but it could be a few other things also. You could try and unplugging the battery from the laptop to see if you could get a blinking white light by the charging port (battery). And if you wanted to get technical, you could try unplugging the vga cable from the motherboard to see if you could get any LED indication to show up (Video card).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS