Saket Upadhyay

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
Hello, I have a HP dv6 6116tx laptop. Few days back my laptop was working fine. But yesterday when i connected my laptop's charger to the charging port, my laptop didn't turn on. I re-inserted the charger again and again but nothing happened. I even checked the LED just near the charging port. It was flashing with a low intensity light but went off after few seconds. I rechecked again by plugging my charger and the LED flashed again and then went off. Please suggest what to do.

I even took my laptop to HP service center, where they told me that my motherboard is faulty and needs to be replaced. They even said that they will replace the motherboard with new one and will take back the old one with processor. For this whole process they are charging me Rs.20000. Please help.

This is probably an issue that will require taking it to a shop. If you have a spare charger, try with that. If you have a spare battery, try with that. If spare neither, the odds are good that you will need something repaired or replaced. Sorry.,

Saket Upadhyay

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
Thank you for your reply. But there's something that i wanted to ask. Suppose that my motherboard is faulty, does it also means that my processor is also faulty and needs to be replaced or is it only the motherboard.

And why do the service center wants to take the old motherboard back which is not even in warranty period.

That I can't help you with. They've looked at it, I haven't. I've had a bad experience myself where a repair shop that knew nothing said "replace the motherboard," and a brand new part didn't do any good. Sorry, but I can't help from here.

Try to make sure that they promise (in writing) to return both your money and your old part if their fix doesn't fix the problem, so that if they are wrong you will be no worse off than you are now.