laptop/ notebook for working

fixer9972

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
hi guys im here to ask about compact laptop or notebook for programing, gaming(not heavy games like acunity, farcry4 etc), facebook and this kind of stuff. And what is the difference between laptop and notebook.

Solution
Don't know. 200-300 euro is not a lot of money so you are looking at a very low end laptop. Probably a laptop using Intel's Bay Trail-M generation Atom CPUs that has low power consumption and also low performance compared to the Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs. They also have the weakest graphics core that is fine for playing videos, but not good enough for games. These laptops are pretty small at 11.6".

I don't really know of any online site in Europe, but below is a link to the Acer Aspire E3-112 in Ireleand. It has an Intel Celero N2840 which is a Bay Trail-M generation Atom CPU. Decent enough performance for every day tasks. I would guess it is about equal to a 1st generation Core i3 released in 2009. The Intel HD (Bay Trail) graphics core is...

PandaBear270

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Laptop and notebook is the same. The smaller ones are the netbooks, and the slim ones are the ultrabooks.
I got a nice laptop with a GT 740M and Core i3 1,8GHz that play lots of games fluently.
It costs 400€ in my country. What is your budget?

The words "laptop" and "notebook" are interchangeable. They mean the same thing.

Generally speaking laptops/notebooks start at 12.5" and above. Netbooks are generally 11.6" and below. Netbooks also have weaker CPUs than laptops. However, the lines are starting to blur where you can actually find entry level laptops (14"+) that are also using the same CPUs found in netbooks. They cost more than netbooks but less than a "real" laptop using a more powerful CPU.

Ultimately the best one for you depends on size, performance and budget you have set aside for your "compact laptop".

fixer9972

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014

its not much about 200-300 euro

fixer9972

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014

ok so what laptop should i buy

Don't know. 200-300 euro is not a lot of money so you are looking at a very low end laptop. Probably a laptop using Intel's Bay Trail-M generation Atom CPUs that has low power consumption and also low performance compared to the Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs. They also have the weakest graphics core that is fine for playing videos, but not good enough for games. These laptops are pretty small at 11.6".

I don't really know of any online site in Europe, but below is a link to the Acer Aspire E3-112 in Ireleand. It has an Intel Celero N2840 which is a Bay Trail-M generation Atom CPU. Decent enough performance for every day tasks. I would guess it is about equal to a 1st generation Core i3 released in 2009. The Intel HD (Bay Trail) graphics core is pretty weak, probably just a little better than the old Intel GMA 4500HD graphics core which was pretty weak for games even when it was new.

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE3200525

Laptops with the more powerful Core i3 CPU that has the Intel HD 4400 graphics core which is actually pretty decent to play games with as long as you do not have high expectations starts at about 500 euros.

Solution

fixer9972

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014

oh i wanted to say thats the minimum i can give so i was looking for i3 cpu any thoughts ?