Laptop Nvidia GPU 0% Usage At All Times

Prot0

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Laptop was filled with bloatware and tons of issues. Instead of weeding it all out I decided to do a clean Win10 Reinstall. Since the reinstall my GPU stays at 0% usage no matter what I do. I've reinstalled drivers. Set global setting in Nvidia Control Panel to the GPU. Even when right clicking on a game or program and selecting "High-Performance NVIDIA processor" it still refuses to use the GPU and only uses the laptop's integrated graphics. I've downloaded and installed the manufacturers drivers from the website, but used nvidia's site to get the drivers for the 940Mx.

I've tried plugging my laptop into an external display to force the GPU usage and it won't output to another monitor. Just remains black screen.

The laptop has been tried both plugged into power and without with the battery settings at high performance for both.

Laptop is an Acer Aspire R15 with 12GB RAM an Intel i7-6500U processor and a GTX940Mx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It should also be noted that the graphics card was working fine prior to the reinstall. I just wanted to start with a clean drive.

EDIT: Should be included that just disabling the integrated graphics causes other issues and doesn't solve the issue.
EDIT: In Device Manager it shows the driver as working properly. Both the basic display adapter and the Nvidia one.