Laptop Operating System?

Oct 5, 2018
Greetings and salutations,

Just wanted to ask if the laptop below can run on windows 7 32 or 64 bit. I tried to check the manufacturer. They didn't say it can't run but only showing windows 10 is preferred. Here are the information below:

System Model: Vivobook 14_asus Laptop x407ma
Manufacturer Model: x407ma-bv048t
procie: intel pentium n5000 up to 2.7ghz
Ram: 4gb
hdd: 500gb

Thank you in advance. Would I have problems downgrading this to win 7?

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
The problem that you mostly likely run into is driver support, i.e. some Windows 7 drivers may not work well or may just not work. Then, you have to track down which driver is an issue and see if the Windows 10 driver will work (with Windows 7). My opinion is that this is a hassle. Is there a particular reason you want to run Windows 7? Also, Windows 7 is going to be end-of-lifed by Microsoft in 2020.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
With laptops it's best to stick with the OS that it comes with --- which for the Vivobook 14 x407ma is Windows 10 64-bit. In fact Asus have released only Windows 10 drivers for that model so downgrading it to Windows 7 would result in many internal devices either not working properly or not working at all.

In any event, Windows 10 (now it's been updated several times) beats the pants off Windows 7 - - - so there's no longer any good reason for preferring Windows 7. But it's the lack of Windows 7 drivers which really dictates what you can and can't do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 4
Z Laptop Tech Support 6
C Laptop Tech Support 7
L Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4