Laptop options for Sims 4 - help me pick?

BlueT

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
I want a laptop that can run Sims 4 smoothly, doesn't have to be awesome graphics, though medium would be nice. I need a laptop in this case. Also Windows 7. I need it quick so I am stuck with local on-hand options and can't just order online. Sims 4 is probably the most demanding thing I'll have on this laptop.

Two options:

Acer Intel i7 quad core 3rd gen 2.2GHz, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard drive, Intel HD4000 graphics

or

Lenovo Intel i3 4th gen 1.9GHz, 4GB Memory, 500GB hard drive, Intel HD4500 graphics

Both are 15.6" screens and Windows 7 Home Premium. Acer is about $300 more than the Lenovo.

I'm leaning towards the Acer, but it appears that the Lenovo despite other stats being lower might have better graphics? Recommendations/thoughts?

Solution
Hey BlueT,

In terms of sheer graphic performance, the Lenovno is marginally better. However, if you factor in the extra RAM and the Processor, the Acer should have an advantage (I'm not sure the exact FPS difference). Personally, I'd go for the Acer.

It generally performs better for gaming, video processing, and even everyday tasks. It's well worth the $300 price difference.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Hey BlueT,

In terms of sheer graphic performance, the Lenovno is marginally better. However, if you factor in the extra RAM and the Processor, the Acer should have an advantage (I'm not sure the exact FPS difference). Personally, I'd go for the Acer.

It generally performs better for gaming, video processing, and even everyday tasks. It's well worth the $300 price difference.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Solution