Laptop or PS3

nothing_is_true

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Guys I am confused should I buy MSI GX 70 or GX 60 with AMD Radeon HD 8970 2GB, AMD A10-5750M Quad-core APU, 8GB DDR3 RAM or should I get a PS3 I know PC will have superior graphics but I cannot go over $1200
Games I will be playing Assassin's Creed series, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3 and 4, CoD series, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3 I want to get a laptop or PS3 because I have to move a lot

Solution
The GX70 and GX60 have the same CPU and Graphics so performance will be the same. The only difference is size at this point. If you want the larger screen, the the 70. If you want to save on some weight, get the 60. If you are going to moving around to different countries, I honestly would get a console. It will last longer in terms of a standard of performance. With a console, each game you buy will push out a constant FPS and quality. Where as with a computer, over time you would have to upgrade parts to keep up with the latest games. I'd go buy a PS4. They're pretty much always in stock.

barto

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 20, 2009
Is there a particular reason it has to be a laptop? If you were to ask me, I'd get the PS3 over a laptop because an enjoyable gaming laptop will be $1500+. With $1200, you can build a very good desktop that will be able to play the games you want better than an PS4 let alone PS3.

nothing_is_true

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

it is not about day to day mobility even if i buy laptop i will not move it around much but i will be moving around from country to country so a desktop would not be a viable option that is why i want to get a laptop or a ps3 by the way what do you think about msi gx 70 or gx 60?

barto

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 20, 2009
The GX70 and GX60 have the same CPU and Graphics so performance will be the same. The only difference is size at this point. If you want the larger screen, the the 70. If you want to save on some weight, get the 60. If you are going to moving around to different countries, I honestly would get a console. It will last longer in terms of a standard of performance. With a console, each game you buy will push out a constant FPS and quality. Where as with a computer, over time you would have to upgrade parts to keep up with the latest games. I'd go buy a PS4. They're pretty much always in stock.

Solution