Discussion Laptop overheats without the power being switched on. It happens everytime I plugged in the battery.

Feb 25, 2021
So my current situation is my laptop (Inspiron 14 3443) overheats when I plug in the battery without even switching the power on. My AC adaptor doesn't work anymore I guess because I don't see any light on the power indicator. Any answers for the overheat problem? Btw I already did the hard reset thing which is pressing the power button for 15 seconds without having the battery in or the AC adaptor connected. Still gives nothing. I really need help.

Feb 25, 2021
What do you mean by "plug in the battery", Do you have a removable battery that you install or do you mean when you plug in the charger?
ah sorry, the right word was 'inserted'. I haven't revise my English. My bad. My laptop has a removable battery and when I insert the battery to its place, I noticed some heat started to accumulate below the laptop. I didn't connect the charger or turned ON the laptop at that point yet the laptop feels so warm.

I understand the language issue. I will try to be careful and simple.
  1. Take out the battery and unplug the charger. Make sure the laptop is cool. Does the battery have a charge indicator built in? If it does, is there charge in the battery.
  2. Plug in the charger. Will the laptop turn on? Wait 15 minutes and see if the laptop is warm.
  3. Unplug the charger and insert the battery. Will the laptop turn on? Wait 15 minutes and see if the laptop is warm. Is the battery getting warm?
Am I clear to you? If not, let me know and I will try again.