Laptop performance with Dell 7570 is terrible, I need some help!

James Gregory

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Hello all. I need some really good help here. I have the Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming Laptop.
Now I mainly play PUBG (player unknown battlegrounds), I play with all settings on 'very low' and my FPS was perfect 3 days ago. Now day by day when I play the game I get 10 FPS. As soon as I launch the game (even on the main menu) I get 10 FPS. This is the same for other games as well.

I have had this issue before ages ago on my desktop and I cannot remember what fixed it. When I reinstall my graphics driver it fixes the issue, but I am not reinstalling my driver everytime I want to play a game. I have tried going into the NVIDIA control panel and selecting the dedicated GPU to be used with games and still, nothing helps me. it feels like the integrated is being used to play but I just do not know what to try.

It is starting to really get frustrating because this laptop is 1 month old. DELL support is useless, they literally put the phone after waiting for hours for help.

Please help!

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from thedominator161 : "Unusual low performance with Dell 7570 Laptop?"

James Gregory

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

Dell dont care about their customers. Every time I ring up i explain my issue they run millions of diagnostic tests, put me hold, then hang up.

I have tried that. I disabled the integrated GPU then it told me I could not access NVIDIA because I don't have NVIDIA GPU enabled. I am like, "what the hell."

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
Well you need to work with the manufacturer to get a permanent fix.

In the meantime if you use GPUz to select the Nvidia chip and then run a render test on it with the question mark beside the PCIe BUS interface information, that will often force the Nvidia as the active GPU, start the game and once it does, tab out and close the Gpuz screen.

No guarantees but it's worked in the past as a workaround for some optimus switching troubles and it's a PITA to have to do this.

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007

I used to have an old Sony laptop with Nvidia GPU and had to mess with the Nvidia install file for their notebook drivers so my GPU would be recognised because Sony never updated their GPU drivers. You might have to do the same if Dell are dragging their heels on producing a proper functioning driver. It is a bit of messing about but quite doable. Just some text editing really.

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007

I doubt it's physically broken as the laptop not switching gpu is a current issue for Dell drivers.

James Gregory

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
I will contact DELL on Tuesday or Wednesday as I think they are closed Monday most likely. They will likely take me through loads of system tests which tell them the laptop is fine. So I dont know what chance I have at getting a refund or replacement, or even something better.