Laptop Power/Charging Light On, No Boot

ollyfff

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I recently picked up a ASUS Q500A-BHI7T05 for school, and it has been working great until recently. I woke up one morning to find that my laptop would not properly turn on. I press the power button, the power light illuminates, but thats it. The lights along the side still work, but the screen and keyboard remain powerless. I can even hear the harddrive starting up.

I tried everything all of the general procedures (draining mobo power, trying with/without battery, etc.), and eventually i got it to boot up! After letting the battery drain all its power, i was able to start up my computer. Well, i again ran into this problem and now i cant get it to boot. I tried again draining the power entirely, but that isnt working this time. Any suggestions?

ollyfff

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Unfortunately, I never found a real solution. I did notice that my computer essentially was acting like it was unable to wake up from Sleep, but after enough fidgeting with the computer it finally turned on.

What I've done to prevent it from happening again is to make sure my computer is completely off before I close the lid. Haven't had the issue since.