Laptop Problems, Non responsive beeps and freezes

TheRubyRage

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014
Okay. When my laptop screen wasnt working I had used a external keyboard and mouse for it. everything functioning and it successfully installed.
One day I turn on the laptop and some how the mouse and keyboard "didn't install right" and it didn't even get plugged out.
Ever since then, while im playing games such as league of legends, my mouse and keyboard goes non responsive, more like intense lag on the hardware and I receive what I believe to be bios beeps because that is what it sounds like, the beeps vary depending on how long the loss of response is. a short 2 second or 3 seconds long of no responsive gives about 5 beeps. It can go up to something about 10 seconds. This even happens outside of playing games. I could be just opening firefox and then bam. I need a answer! I even went to the device manager and uninstall the keyboards/mouse and then restart the laptop and that didn't work. what can I do?

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,

Test in safe mode.

If safemode is ok, you most likely have a virus or keyboard / mouse or USB is defective.

Scan with adwcleaner, roguekiller and malwarebyte to rule out malware.

Download coretemp (majorgeeks) to check you CPU temps.