Solved! Laptop Projection Capbility

trennal

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
When will you provide the ability to project the screen, with an internal LED projection module, to a larger screen for a large audience?

Solution
Negative. LEDs are MUCH more efficient, but in order to produce light - energy is required, a lot of it. Even at 100% efficiency where the amount of power to produce light is fixed - you still need to get excited molecules to produce photons. If you look at a 100W LED in your home, it is 100W EQUIVALENT. It actually only uses around 14-17W. When i say a projector needs 100W of power, i mean the LED itself actually sucks up 100W of power - at which point the LED is like 3-4x brighter than the sun. Efficiency might bring this number down, but not to the point of where we are talking about.

Battery technology could get there, in theory - but you sure as hell aren't going to pay for it for a portable electronic. Nor are you going to...

trennal

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014

Never is a long time considering the fact that with battery and LED technology this may overcome the barrier you are describing

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Negative. LEDs are MUCH more efficient, but in order to produce light - energy is required, a lot of it. Even at 100% efficiency where the amount of power to produce light is fixed - you still need to get excited molecules to produce photons. If you look at a 100W LED in your home, it is 100W EQUIVALENT. It actually only uses around 14-17W. When i say a projector needs 100W of power, i mean the LED itself actually sucks up 100W of power - at which point the LED is like 3-4x brighter than the sun. Efficiency might bring this number down, but not to the point of where we are talking about.

Battery technology could get there, in theory - but you sure as hell aren't going to pay for it for a portable electronic. Nor are you going to be willing to lug around a 300W power supply to keep the thing charged up.

When will we see 3D laptops? - never, the technology died and the product dies with it.

When will we see laptops capable of casting to giant screens over wifi?
Right now! Because that is what people want - not ancient projector style displays that have been used since the invention of film itself.

Solution

Corwin65

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
It doesn't make sense to integrate a projector into a laptop. If they could get units small enough it would still be better to have it separate so it could be put away when not needed. It would also double the price.