Laptop Query About Hardware Update

Anoc

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I am looking to update my Laptop's Processor and RAM. But I am confused as to what the Processor is in my machine.

This is the name of my laptop's processor: 1.30 gigahertz AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

I am not sure what the APU means and the Radeon HD Graphics. Does that mean my processor is also a video card? I'll show you the name of my graphics card as well (I am using Belarc Advisor)

This is the name of my laptop's graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics [Display adapter]

My Laptop Model is Presario CQ57 Notebook PC.

and the main circuit board is: Hewlett-Packard 3577 24.48

I was thinking of getting this processor for my laptop but I am not sure if it will work with my laptop.

This is the Processor I want to put into my laptop: AMD Athlon X2 370K - 4 GHz - 2 cores - 1 MB cache - Socket FM2

Will that processor work on my laptop? If not what do you recommend? I want to have a laptop that has a processor with 3.0-4.0 Ghz

Anoc

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

Then what kind of processor should I go for that will work well on my laptop?

Anoc

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

Currently I am using it for college and I am also a professional author and I am currently in the process of writing a second book. I want to be able to play some games off of it like Shogun 2 Total War or Age of Empires 3. I am not a hardcore gamer but I do enjoy a lot of games and would love to play them on my laptop.