laptop ram name question

spartaks2000

Great
Mar 21, 2018
nothing sad here but iam really not satisfied with this ram name, i had 8gb samsung afte i upgrade with crucial to 16gb the name is so lame now, how can i change that? i often go to lan parties and we show off our stuff, i want it look as normal ram name
large

Solution
Well that's going to be an issue. It's only showing the info available to it.
There's likely limited space available in that specific field - and you have mismatched modules, so it's only going to display one - unfortunately for you, it's displaying the Crucial.

Switch the modules/slots? If the slot the Crucial soDIMM occupies is what's recognized, having the Samsung module in there might give you what you want.

Failing that, if you want "real ram names" to show in Lenovo's nerve centre...
Look for a job with a RAM manufacturer; work your way up & learn how the information is coded into the modules, to be read by a system/piece of software (all while learning software development on the side.)

Then, transition to a...
Well that's going to be an issue. It's only showing the info available to it.
There's likely limited space available in that specific field - and you have mismatched modules, so it's only going to display one - unfortunately for you, it's displaying the Crucial.

Switch the modules/slots? If the slot the Crucial soDIMM occupies is what's recognized, having the Samsung module in there might give you what you want.

Failing that, if you want "real ram names" to show in Lenovo's nerve centre...
Look for a job with a RAM manufacturer; work your way up & learn how the information is coded into the modules, to be read by a system/piece of software (all while learning software development on the side.)

Then, transition to a position with Lenovo in software development and learn how nerve center works.

At that time (say, 5 years from now?) you might be in a position to "fix" that specific issue.

.... Or, you could accept it for what it is & use another program? :lol:

Solution