My laptop recently has been freezing randomly:
- It starts of with random USB Unplug followed by plug-in
sound randomly
- Screen freezes
- Keyboard doesn't work
- Shutdown, wi-fi and mute buttons dont work
- CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work
The only way I can shutdown is by holding down the power
button (or I have to wait 30mins for it to fix).
It was just reinstalled a week ago and started
freezing 5-6 days ago. It's not a virus because I just
scanned the system with ESET Smart Security 9.
There aren't ANY new updates that i have to download.
It hasn't done it never before the reinstallment and it's
NOT overheating. Specs:

HP Probook Laptop
Windows 7 Professional
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics video card
Intel Core i5 2.60GHz CPU
64-bit Operating System

Any ideas?

Solution
Hi,

Here are some test you can run that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by loading in Safe Mode and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If your laptop will still lock up while in Safe Mode that could mean it's the HDD that is faulty which causes it to freeze.
- If it doesn't freeze in Safe Mode, do reinstall Windows and observe it again after reformatting Windows.
- Next is to load in BIOS and observe if it will still freeze or not because if it does that means it's the CPU.
Hi,

Here are some test you can run that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by loading in Safe Mode and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If your laptop will still lock up while in Safe Mode that could mean it's the HDD that is faulty which causes it to freeze.
- If it doesn't freeze in Safe Mode, do reinstall Windows and observe it again after reformatting Windows.
- Next is to load in BIOS and observe if it will still freeze or not because if it does that means it's the CPU.

Solution