Laptop reads HDD but still refuses to boot

marcusfents

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
My Acer Aspire E5 774G 546F, reads my hard drive on the BIOS but doesn’t boot. I know the hard drive is not at fault as I have already replaced it and I still have this issue. This started happening after the laptop was dropped, it froze and restarted leaving me on the ‘No Bootable Device’ screen.

The alternate boot option, ‘Legacy’ does the same thing but only on the Windows 8 version of the ‘No Bootable Device’ screen.On the F12 boot menu it doesn’t show anything to boot up on.
The hard drive that replaced the previous one has the same specs as the previous hard drive, I also use no USB or CD drive and even hard reset the laptop and nothing is working.

Help please.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
V Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 5
I Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3
2 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Herakuresu Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Toshiba laptop won't read recovery disk
Solved! I have an Asus Laptop, when i entered Bios it reads the gpu as 930mx and then when i boot into Windows it reads the gpu as nvi
DVD Reading problem on Acer Aspire 5738G laptop
I bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago ...when i go to the task manager it says the disk usage is 100%
I took the screen completly off my HP Pavillion laptop and hooked up an external. I accidently told the display to read the on
My laptop can read the ad card but I'm not able to open it because the it's asking me to format it before I use it but when fo
Asus laptop. SD MMC slot never read anything since purchased.
My Laptop Won't Read My Headset Mic
Help me kinda of tensed please read
Alright I read the forums on this topic but I tried going to manage wireless network and I couldn't see it on my laptop
HP laptop will not read CD's/DVD's
When you try booting the laptop it reads on the screen "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corru
ASUS X555LB Laptop Incorrect memory frequency read! Please Help!
Lenovo Laptop Battery Reading Erratically
Laptop unresponsive. Disk indicates 100%, very low read/write.
Laptop DVD Drive stop reading when laptop gets waved
Read the answers to why my laptop won't turn on it says to take battery out I can't it's a sealed unit
Laptope restarting randomly (I've done a lot of tests, please read the thread)
Laptop isn't working
My sad story about me & my laptop (The following post must be tiring to read,I'm sorry but help if possible)

ASK THE COMMUNITY