Laptop recovery stuck, now just starts up and turns off

shanesprinkle

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I just got a new laptop (MSI GE72VR Apache Pro) and when I started it up it was very slow. With research I saw that the laptop comes with an lit of bloatware and to fix with a Windows factory reset.

So I factory reset my laptop and it got stuck at 9%, after 3 hours I turned off my laptop and now it just powers up for a second then will shut down and then start up again.

This happened the day I got the computer and I have no saved windows files or anything. It's an expensive and powerful laptop I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it

Try turning off any internet access ability (turn off router/modem/WiFi if necessary) and then try starting it up. If it was a bad update file, it should boot up.

If that doesn't do it, and this is a brand new laptop, I would be taking it back and getting them to replace it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 11
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6
Q Laptop Tech Support 8
W Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
When I do everything that's said online my laptop does not come up with HDD recovery can you hi elp I'm getting a bit ???????
Asus laptop gone bezerk! Cannot get to recovery...
Toshiba laptop won't read recovery disk
asus laptop stuck in bios vendor american megatrends and there is no windows recovery menu
Laptop is not booting, only blank black screen, i lost my vaio recovery disk
Solved! laptop refuses to delete dual partition setup
Solved! Samsung laptop stuck at samsung logo with setup and recovery but does not work either
Sir I need ur help sir here in my laptop something showing Windows error recovery I try all methods but it showing again lik
Recovering data when downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and deleted all drives
Cant turn on laptop after click recovery
HP laptop, can't get into BIOS and BIOS recovery fails.
HP laptop recovery blank screen
disk usage 100% laptop too slow to reset with windows recovery thing
After password recovery how do I start my laptop.
My laptop is trying to recover because I force shut down to stop it updating, but now it's stuck on a never-ending cycle
After Windows 10 update, the laptop gets stuck on Samsung logo screen
My laptop stucks at "Starting Wndows" screen. I tried to go Samsung Recovery Solution 5, its stuck on "Please wait..." help
My laptop goes to the windows 7 boot manager but won't fully factory reset with the recovery disc. It's basically stuck.
Stuck In Reboot And Select Proper Boot Device Screen Samsung laptop - no recovery disc
Stuck In Reboot And Select Proper Boot Device Screen Samsung laptop - no recovery disc

ASK THE COMMUNITY