laptop replaced with wrong motherboard model ?

Rui Neves

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
I recently had a case of a person asking me if I could repair their computer that doesn´t turned on . so I checked the computer and said that the computer had a problem on the motherboard, I gave to the person the right motherboard model to buy ... This person decided to buy the motherboard by himself thinking that he would be buying the model that I indicated would be the same but instead bought a model that fits the case but different because this motherboard had an on-board processor and a different type of bios as well, the previous motherboard varied in the bios in relation to the new motherboard and also the processor of the motherboard damaged was a processor that was not on board.
I put the whole pc in it. but at the end of everything the PC was turning on again but after a few seconds it turns itself off completely even though the fan runs very fast.
even just in the bios of the computer the symptom is the same.

I ask if repairing laptops with motherboards with these differences is always impossible or only in
some cases?

the laptop is an HP pavillion 15e050sp (D9X89EA#AB9) , and the stock motherboard was 720691-501 (DA0R75MB6C0) , the client bought this : 734004-501 ( DA0R76MB6D0 ) .

Lutfij

Splendid
You forgot to mention the make and model of the laptop and it's SKU. You also forgot to mention the model/SKU of the motherbaord that your customer decided to purchase.

So long as you have the right board for the right laptop model/SKU, you're in good hands. If someone is smart enough to think they're buying something similar/better, then you need to let them deal with their demons. It'd also require you to be absolutely sure that the board you linked the customer with is the right make and model for your laptop(needing repair).

Rui Neves

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014

the laptop is an HP pavillion 15e050sp (D9X89EA#AB9), and the stock motherboard was 720691-501 (DA0R75MB6C0) , the client bought this : 734004-501 ( DA0R76MB6D0 ) .

Rui Neves

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014

I updated that info that didn't mention before , so can you say to me if I am wrong in thinking that replace the mobo with a different model can cause issues like I said here ?