Solved! Laptop Screen Blacks Out When Playing Video

Feb 13, 2019
Hoping y'all can help me out here. This just started happening. Whenever I'm playing a video (Hulu, YouTube, etc) the screen blacks out. It comes back on, the longest it's stayed black is about 30 seconds. It blacks out about every 10-30 seconds, so essentially a slow flickering. Audio keeps playing even when the screen is black. Anyone know what's up?

Solution
You may well need to clear out your history and cache in Chrome to get it working correctly. So make sure that you save anything you really want.

Also, check for updates for Chrome and any add-ons you have for it as well.
Does this only happen when using the browser? And only with videos online?

If so, the first thing I would try is to view any videos on the computer itself and see if it happens with them. Then try visiting those sites in another browser and see if it occurs as well.

Feb 13, 2019
Does this only happen when using the browser? And only with videos online?

If so, the first thing I would try is to view any videos on the computer itself and see if it happens with them. Then try visiting those sites in another browser and see if it occurs as well.
I haven't tried watching videos offline. I normally use Chrome, I pulled up Hulu in Explorer and it worked fine. Entire episode with no flickering. Any idea what's up with that, or if I can get them to work in Chrome again?