PlaymakerWil

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Recently, my laptop's color schemes has been all weird.When I start up the computer, the areas where the screen should be black is red. However, after I log into my Windows 7 account it is relatively normal, my desktop looks pretty alright. Then, after a while, EVERYWHERE on the computer where there's supposed to be white turns light blue, and EVERYWHERE where there's supposed to be black turns red. Other colors don't get affected. And the times these color changes are very random too. Now, for example, everything is completely normal. However, as I type, I can see flashes of light blue everywhere where the whites are supposed to be. I will attach a screenshot of what it looks like. I do not think this is the monitor's fault, but instead something with the drivers. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Okay, I tried to screenshot it, but when I do so it does not capture the light blue! The parts of the screen where it is white remain white when I capture the image, rather than light blue.

Mouldread

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hey,

depending on use I've seen laptop screens get "disattached" causing them to change colors and generally go crazy when moving the lid. Sometimes it can be triggered even by typing on the keyboard. You could google your exact laptop model and see if there is a tutorial how to open it and at least check if the flex cable connecting the display to the base is properly plugged and/or damaged.

Of course it could be more complicated than this. Maybe the problem is with the screen inverter.

I hope others can give more suggestions.