Solved! Laptop screen flicker and has multiple horizontal lines on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2022
Got myself this Gigabyte Aorus 5MB about a year ago, worked fine until December where the screen suddenly starts to flicker and shows some horizontal lines on the upper side of the screen and when this happen, the screen below the lines will freeze and shows some faint overlay images of previous windows I’ve opened. Didn’t thought much about it and decided to send the laptop back to the retail store where I bought it from, took them a month to repair it, they claimed they replaced the screen, I can’t confirm that but I can see the backlight bleed was gone so I guess I can assume they did replace the screen.

It came back fine but not for long, it happens again a few nights ago, just the same like last time, even the horizontal lines are at the same spot, screen freezes below the lines and faint overlay of the previous opened windows. Here’s some photos and a video when it’s happening. As you can see in the video, the cursor works fine on the top of the screen and everything freezes below the lines. When it flashes, you can see faint overlay of the discord window appearing for some reasons.

I don’t think it’s the software, since the flicker happens even in safe mode and during boot screen. Probably not GPU or iGPU either because an external monitor works. Maybe not the screen too because the screen was replaced(?). I’m guessing it’s the cables but do you guys know what else could’ve causes this? My friend’s MSI GS60 had a screen flickering problem before and he didn’t care too much about it, turns out something was wrong with the circuit board providing unstable voltage and fried the whole motherboard, I wouldn’t want this happening. Thanks in advance.

Solution
As they already "replaced" the screen, you can check that LED cable, remove the screen cover and move it a bit to see if the lines disappear.

Desire1503

Great
Feb 18, 2022
As they already "replaced" the screen, you can check that LED cable, remove the screen cover and move it a bit to see if the lines disappear.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.