Solved! Laptop screen going black

Feb 4, 2019
The laptop in question is starting up fine, but when she presses down on the front of her keyboard where the touchpad is located, it causes the laptop screen to go black and the keyboard to stop working. Any ideas?

Solution
Sounds like the display cable may be getting interfered with. Pinched or pulled a little loose.

If the laptop is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then it depends on what you feel comfortable doing. If you are OK with (and she is OK with it) opening up the laptop and carefully checking the cable for the display, then you can do it yourself. If not, then I would suggest going to a local tech. Better to pay a little to get it looked at than risk damaging it.
Sounds like the display cable may be getting interfered with. Pinched or pulled a little loose.

If the laptop is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then it depends on what you feel comfortable doing. If you are OK with (and she is OK with it) opening up the laptop and carefully checking the cable for the display, then you can do it yourself. If not, then I would suggest going to a local tech. Better to pay a little to get it looked at than risk damaging it.

Solution