Laptop Screen is silver and it does not work

Alex_9100

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
So my laptop screen went silver with some grey and black lines. I connected the laptop through HDMI cable to my tv and everything works fine but the screen is still the same. Then i unnistalled the graphics drivers of my Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce 750 M and my laptop screen turned black but on the tv everything works again. Does anyone knows what seems to be the problem, ist it the graphics card o the monitor or is it some kind of software issue ?
Thanks

Solution
Hi,

The problem lies in the built in display or your laptop based from the symptoms you mentioned. The only troubleshooting step you can do right now is to check if the ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the motherboard. Remove both ends from the motherboard and LCD then put it back in making sure everything is seated properly. If this step will not work your only option wold be to replace the screen itself. :(
Hi,

The problem lies in the built in display or your laptop based from the symptoms you mentioned. The only troubleshooting step you can do right now is to check if the ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the motherboard. Remove both ends from the motherboard and LCD then put it back in making sure everything is seated properly. If this step will not work your only option wold be to replace the screen itself. :(

Solution

Alex_9100

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

Thanks a lot. I am hoping that it is the flat cable otherwise the service here in germany is to expensive, i would have to order the display and mount myself. I've searched for my Asus R450VB spare parts and in my surprise that kind of model seems to be very rare. Can i mount another display what do you think ?