Solved! Laptop screen problems

jimmyb63

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite A105, and my problem is a little odd. When I move my laptop screen back to get a better viewing angle, the screen goes black! What's happening
to it? The screen used to just go green when it was moving back and forth, but now it goes completely black. Help!!!

Solution

I rather mis-described the cable - it's more likely that one of the tiny plugs that go into each end of the inverter is pulled slightly out of place. I have a Fujitsu-Seimens in here doing just that at the moment because they save a few pennies on a cable that's about an eight of an inch too short when they made it. If you can find the manual online and study the screen removal section, you can take a lot of the guesswork out of this job. For starters, you'll need a needle to take out the little rubber bungs that hide the screen bezel screws.

[/#000ff]

You need to have it looked at or look inside it yourself. The delicate ribbon cable connecting to the screen plugs in upwards and if it's snagging somewhere between the base and the lid, that could be pulling it out of the socket gradually so it could come out completely one day. [/#000ff]

I rather mis-described the cable - it's more likely that one of the tiny plugs that go into each end of the inverter is pulled slightly out of place. I have a Fujitsu-Seimens in here doing just that at the moment because they save a few pennies on a cable that's about an eight of an inch too short when they made it. If you can find the manual online and study the screen removal section, you can take a lot of the guesswork out of this job. For starters, you'll need a needle to take out the little rubber bungs that hide the screen bezel screws.

[/#000ff]

Solution

TRENDING THREADS