Laptop screen stays black after reassembling the laptop

ITNation

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
I dissembled my Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 to clean it on the inside, but once reassembled the screen stays black. It is visible that the computer powers on, but there is nothing on the screen. I pressed Fn key in a combo with F4 and F10 to no avail. Besides that I tried taking out the HDD and then putting it back after one minute and that did not fix it. I did one other thing - hooked up the external monitor and nothing even comes up on that other monitor too. In addition, I double checked all the connections and everything seems to be plugged in correctly. Video cable is plugged in also. Are there more than 1 video cables that connect to the motherboard? I also have a ground wire that runs short along the video cable, but I am not sure where that cable is supposed to attach to. I just leave it loose tucked in by the laptops hinges. I have pictures of all this, but I am not sure if I can attach them here. That would definitely help. My computer was working very sluggishly, but now I cannot use it at all.

ITNation

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
One of the connectors on the motherboard is broken, but still plugged in. Just want to see if that connector has anything to do with the video even though I doubt it.

ITNation

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
I can't even get to BIOS too. Now, what started happening is that when I turn on my computer the power light keeps switching between pink and blue colors for a few seconds and then finally stays blue. Don't know what that color change indicates. Also, the HDD light only lights up briefly when I turn on the laptop, but then stays turned off.

ITNation

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
Hard to believe, but 2 DDR2 RAM sticks that I recently purchased were defective. I tried everything else, but not using the old RAM up until now. I thought that the possibility of the new memory being defective was too low, so I did not even try to use the old one. Thanks to all who tried to help.