Laptop Screen turning white or negative

Florix

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello, my laptop screen is turning white or negative. When i move the screen, it is instantly getting normal, any idea how i can fix it without replacing the whole screen? This isn.t happening always it has some moments when everything works.

Solution
It might look okay at first glance, but if you're okay with it, carefully remove the cable from the screen (emphasis on "carefully") and then push it back into place. If there is some tape that secures it, be sure to reapply that tape too.

And if this continues happening, you can try the same thing where the cable runs to the motherboard.

Should all else fail, that cable might need replaced. Worst case scenario is its that the screen or the motherboard is the source of the problem, but that's less common.
Hi,

It's a hardware problem based from what you said about what's happening with your laptop. You can first replace the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard because most likely it's damaged or try to reseat it just to make sure it's seated properly and if it doesn't solve the problem that means you'll need to replace the display itself. But hopefully reseating the ribbon cable ends will solve the problem so won't spend any money fixing it. :)

Florix

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

Thank you ill try and see what happens, can be the screws that are too tight?

You may not need to replace the cable; this could just be a bad connection. If you're comfortable with opening the laptop far enough to check it out, try reseating the cable where it connects to the monitor (behind the screen). The cable comes loose from there most often. If that doesn't resolve it, then you can go a little deeper in reseating the same cable at the motherboard.

Of course, should you still see the problem after doing this, then you may need to replace the video cable altogether.

I really doubt any screws are causing this, whether they're over-torqued or not.

Florix

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

Ill attach some pics after i do this, at me 9 o'clock PM and im to tired now thanks for help, and ill keep you updated ;)

Florix

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

My laptop now is disassembled and i checked every wire that goes to the screen and everything was working WTF my screen flashes very fast in some positions and in rest is nothing. And i can.t find where is the problem, there is a part where is write"DON'T TOUCH" and then sth in Japanese and is ribbed a little i tried to change the pozition and nothing, is strange that i used it for more than 5 hours and no change at all...

It might look okay at first glance, but if you're okay with it, carefully remove the cable from the screen (emphasis on "carefully") and then push it back into place. If there is some tape that secures it, be sure to reapply that tape too.

And if this continues happening, you can try the same thing where the cable runs to the motherboard.

Should all else fail, that cable might need replaced. Worst case scenario is its that the screen or the motherboard is the source of the problem, but that's less common.

Solution

Florix

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

Well.... i found the problem, actually it wasn.t the wire the problem is those things which keep the screen in place, The left one is broken, the screwsholes 2(metal in plastic). The thing is hold in place by 3 screws which are screwed into the backplate of the screen(those are broke) and second thing, is that the metal part is broken 2 so i can.t glue it or sth, so.. i think i need to replace the black of the laptop screen and those things who keep the screen in place... Thank you for all your help. :D