Laptop screen turns completely white (including BIOS) but OS is running fine.

Raman_1

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
On evening while coming back from office, I tried to start my laptop and unfortunately the screen was completely white. I was unable to see the BIOS screen also. BIOS was also completely white. The laptop was running fine because I heard the Windows 7 starting Tone and I blindly pressed "alt+F4+Enter" and it shutted down thereafter. My laptop have ubuntu also so after pressing power key again, I blindly pressed "arrow down + Enter + Enter" to start ubuntu. After a while I heard ubuntu start tone also but the screen was still completely white.

I thought that I might have to change the screen so next morning I went to service center and when I started my laptop there to show them the problem, surprisingly it was running fine without any problem.

I'm unable to identify as to what is actually causing the problem.

Laptop:
HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ57 300-TU
(32 bit)

Thanks in advance

Raman_1

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015

Yes it's working fine now.... I wonder if it happens again then is it screen's problem or is there any faulty jack.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 8
jasonkariuki98 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
lennium Laptop Tech Support 5
Tintha Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Kalmartin Laptop Tech Support 1
Roy Ng zw Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 0