Laptop screws wont come off

Rokatsu

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
I have an HP laptop that's a decent size however no matter how hard I try the screws won't come off. The screws themselves are very tiny and its hard finding a screwdriver that will work for them. Even the tiniest screwdriver we had didn't seem to help get the screws off at all. I want to open it to see if I spilled any water inside and air it out but it seems even that is impossible right now.

Any advice? Is it possible to access the laptop by removing the keyboard? And is it possible to remove the keyboard without using the screws? Is removing the keyboard a good idea to begin with?

USAFRet

Illustrious
You need smaller screwdrivers.
Like this:
41PADNxaDfL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/SE-7549SD-Screw-Driver-Carrying/dp/B000X1GXFW

You want something small enough to fit the cut outs in the head, but not so small that the screwdriver won't fill those cutouts; too small and the screwdriver won't grip the screw well enough.

One thing you can try - this is meant for stripped screw heads, but it might help you - is to use a screwdriver that's a little too small for the screw, along with a rubber band in between the two. The rubber band should be pushed into the screw with the screwdriver, thus filling the gaps and giving the screwdriver extra grip.

You may need to use a little more pressure too, if the screws are over tightened.